Men Finish First, Women Fourth in IT Invitational Race
Cleveland named Cross-Country Runner of the Week
The Mighty Oaks' cross-country season started for the men's and women's teams at the SUNY-IT Wildcat Invitational Aug. 31.
The ESF women's team placed fourth of the 14 teams in the competition with junior Kristen Campbell placing sixth overall. Other Mighty Oaks women who ran well included Jenny Frank, 23rd; Emily Martin, 28th; Allison Cronk, 36th; Lauren Lynn, 39th; Danielle Zgardzinski, 43rd; and Radka Yang, 59th.
The Mighty Oaks men successfully defended their first-place finish from last year.
The top ESF runner was Jon Cleveland who placed 2nd overall. Tom Acuri and Timmy Callahan took 3rd and 4th respectively. Close behind were Stephen Slonosky, 10th; Reed Scott, 14th; Peter LeDuc, 15th; and Taylor Yerrick, 27th.
The next race for both the men's and women's teams will be Sept. 7 at SUNY Oswego.
Cleveland earned Cross-Country Runner of the Week honors from the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association. He ran the six-kilometer race in 19 minutes, 51 seconds, improving his personal best from last year by 1 minute, 20 seconds.
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210