Men Finish First, Women Fourth in IT Invitational Race
Cleveland named Cross-Country Runner of the Week
The Mighty Oaks' cross-country season started for the men's and women's teams at the SUNY-IT Wildcat Invitational Aug. 31.
The ESF women's team placed fourth of the 14 teams in the competition with junior Kristen Campbell placing sixth overall. Other Mighty Oaks women who ran well included Jenny Frank, 23rd; Emily Martin, 28th; Allison Cronk, 36th; Lauren Lynn, 39th; Danielle Zgardzinski, 43rd; and Radka Yang, 59th.
The Mighty Oaks men successfully defended their first-place finish from last year.
The top ESF runner was Jon Cleveland who placed 2nd overall. Tom Acuri and Timmy Callahan took 3rd and 4th respectively. Close behind were Stephen Slonosky, 10th; Reed Scott, 14th; Peter LeDuc, 15th; and Taylor Yerrick, 27th.
The next race for both the men's and women's teams will be Sept. 7 at SUNY Oswego.
Cleveland earned Cross-Country Runner of the Week honors from the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association. He ran the six-kilometer race in 19 minutes, 51 seconds, improving his personal best from last year by 1 minute, 20 seconds.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210