Men Finish First, Women Fourth in IT Invitational Race
Cleveland named Cross-Country Runner of the Week
The Mighty Oaks' cross-country season started for the men's and women's teams at the SUNY-IT Wildcat Invitational Aug. 31.
The ESF women's team placed fourth of the 14 teams in the competition with junior Kristen Campbell placing sixth overall. Other Mighty Oaks women who ran well included Jenny Frank, 23rd; Emily Martin, 28th; Allison Cronk, 36th; Lauren Lynn, 39th; Danielle Zgardzinski, 43rd; and Radka Yang, 59th.
The Mighty Oaks men successfully defended their first-place finish from last year.
The top ESF runner was Jon Cleveland who placed 2nd overall. Tom Acuri and Timmy Callahan took 3rd and 4th respectively. Close behind were Stephen Slonosky, 10th; Reed Scott, 14th; Peter LeDuc, 15th; and Taylor Yerrick, 27th.
The next race for both the men's and women's teams will be Sept. 7 at SUNY Oswego.
Cleveland earned Cross-Country Runner of the Week honors from the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association. He ran the six-kilometer race in 19 minutes, 51 seconds, improving his personal best from last year by 1 minute, 20 seconds.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210