Men Finish First, Women Fourth in IT Invitational Race
Cleveland named Cross-Country Runner of the Week
The Mighty Oaks' cross-country season started for the men's and women's teams at the SUNY-IT Wildcat Invitational Aug. 31.
The ESF women's team placed fourth of the 14 teams in the competition with junior Kristen Campbell placing sixth overall. Other Mighty Oaks women who ran well included Jenny Frank, 23rd; Emily Martin, 28th; Allison Cronk, 36th; Lauren Lynn, 39th; Danielle Zgardzinski, 43rd; and Radka Yang, 59th.
The Mighty Oaks men successfully defended their first-place finish from last year.
The top ESF runner was Jon Cleveland who placed 2nd overall. Tom Acuri and Timmy Callahan took 3rd and 4th respectively. Close behind were Stephen Slonosky, 10th; Reed Scott, 14th; Peter LeDuc, 15th; and Taylor Yerrick, 27th.
The next race for both the men's and women's teams will be Sept. 7 at SUNY Oswego.
Cleveland earned Cross-Country Runner of the Week honors from the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association. He ran the six-kilometer race in 19 minutes, 51 seconds, improving his personal best from last year by 1 minute, 20 seconds.
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
- USA President Focuses on Building Relationships
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210