Five Finalists Selected in Search for SUNY-ESF President
Candidates to visit campus through mid-October
A national search for a new president to lead the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has resulted in the selection of five finalists who will visit the campus during the next several weeks.
The candidates are:
' Dr. Mary Pearl
' Dr. Robert Prezant
' Dr. Quentin Wheeler
' Dr. Aldemaro "Al" Romero
' Dr. James Coleman
The new president will replace Dr. Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., who has announced his intention to step down from the presidency after 13 years.
"The next president of SUNY-ESF is in a select group of five individuals with outstanding credentials, accomplishments, personality and, most importantly, a passion for SUNY-ESF and our mission," said Vita DeMarchi, chair of the ESF board of trustees and co-chair of the presidential search committee. "Each of the candidates has contributed to our expectations and profile of what SUNY-ESF requires to further make a difference in a rapidly changing world."
All five finalists come from academic backgrounds.
Pearl is the associate dean and chief academic officer at Macaulay Honors College, City University of New York. Prezant is dean of the College of Science and Mathematics at Montclair State University in Upper Montclair, N.J. Wheeler is the founding director of the International Institute for Species Exploration at Arizona State University. Romero is dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of biological sciences at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, in Edwardsville, Ill. Coleman is dean of the College of Humanities and Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Campus visits will begin Sept. 30 and continue until Oct. 18.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210