Five Finalists Selected in Search for SUNY-ESF President
Candidates to visit campus through mid-October
A national search for a new president to lead the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has resulted in the selection of five finalists who will visit the campus during the next several weeks.
The candidates are:
' Dr. Mary Pearl
' Dr. Robert Prezant
' Dr. Quentin Wheeler
' Dr. Aldemaro "Al" Romero
' Dr. James Coleman
The new president will replace Dr. Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., who has announced his intention to step down from the presidency after 13 years.
"The next president of SUNY-ESF is in a select group of five individuals with outstanding credentials, accomplishments, personality and, most importantly, a passion for SUNY-ESF and our mission," said Vita DeMarchi, chair of the ESF board of trustees and co-chair of the presidential search committee. "Each of the candidates has contributed to our expectations and profile of what SUNY-ESF requires to further make a difference in a rapidly changing world."
All five finalists come from academic backgrounds.
Pearl is the associate dean and chief academic officer at Macaulay Honors College, City University of New York. Prezant is dean of the College of Science and Mathematics at Montclair State University in Upper Montclair, N.J. Wheeler is the founding director of the International Institute for Species Exploration at Arizona State University. Romero is dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of biological sciences at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, in Edwardsville, Ill. Coleman is dean of the College of Humanities and Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Campus visits will begin Sept. 30 and continue until Oct. 18.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210