Five Finalists Selected in Search for SUNY-ESF President
Candidates to visit campus through mid-October
A national search for a new president to lead the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has resulted in the selection of five finalists who will visit the campus during the next several weeks.
The candidates are:
' Dr. Mary Pearl
' Dr. Robert Prezant
' Dr. Quentin Wheeler
' Dr. Aldemaro "Al" Romero
' Dr. James Coleman
The new president will replace Dr. Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., who has announced his intention to step down from the presidency after 13 years.
"The next president of SUNY-ESF is in a select group of five individuals with outstanding credentials, accomplishments, personality and, most importantly, a passion for SUNY-ESF and our mission," said Vita DeMarchi, chair of the ESF board of trustees and co-chair of the presidential search committee. "Each of the candidates has contributed to our expectations and profile of what SUNY-ESF requires to further make a difference in a rapidly changing world."
All five finalists come from academic backgrounds.
Pearl is the associate dean and chief academic officer at Macaulay Honors College, City University of New York. Prezant is dean of the College of Science and Mathematics at Montclair State University in Upper Montclair, N.J. Wheeler is the founding director of the International Institute for Species Exploration at Arizona State University. Romero is dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of biological sciences at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, in Edwardsville, Ill. Coleman is dean of the College of Humanities and Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Campus visits will begin Sept. 30 and continue until Oct. 18.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210