Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Net Big Wins
Both teams come from behind against ranked opponents
ESF's men's and women's soccer teams celebrated comeback victories against strong opponents Sept. 30.
The undefeated Mighty Oaks women, ranked fourth in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association's national standings, defeated the Wildcats of Pennsylvania College of Technology, 3-2, in a game played on the Wildcats' home field in Williamsport, Pa. The Wildcats are ranked 14th in the nation.
The Mighty Oaks came from behind twice to tie the game and scored the winning goal with 10 minutes left. ESF's goals were scored by Madison Cummiskey, Heather Carl and Bryony Striffler.
The men's team defeated the Wildcats 2-1. Going into the game, the two teams were tied for ninth in the USCAA standings.
Both ESF's goals came from Kyle Bardwell, a 2012 Second-team All-American. The Mighty Oaks, playing without two starters, fought back from a 1-0 deficit to win the game.
- By Audrey Hart, SU '15
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210