Soccer: Women Win at Canton in 2OT; Men Fall, 4-1
Women retain No. 4 spot in national rankings
The ESF men's and women's soccer teams traveled to SUNY-Canton where they faced stiff compettion Sunday, Oct. 6. The women pulled out at double overtime win, 2-1.
Freshman Heather Carl, assisted by Bryony Striffler, and team Captain Sue Fassler scored for Mighty Oaks, with Fassler contributing the winning goal.
The team held on to its national ranking at number 4 and remains the only undefeated team in the USCAA. The Mighty Oaks play Broome Community College Wednesday. Oct. 9, at Onondaga Community College, with a 7 p.m. kickoff.
The Mighty Oaks men fell to Canton, 4-1. Kyle Bardwell scored the lone goal for the Mighty Oaks.
Both teams travel to Paul Smith's College Friday, Oct. 11, to battle in the annual Barkeater Cup. The men plan on defending the cup they won last year, while the women have a chance to bring it home again. Kickoffs will be at 6 and 8 p.m.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210