Soccer: Women Win at Canton in 2OT; Men Fall, 4-1
Women retain No. 4 spot in national rankings
The ESF men's and women's soccer teams traveled to SUNY-Canton where they faced stiff compettion Sunday, Oct. 6. The women pulled out at double overtime win, 2-1.
Freshman Heather Carl, assisted by Bryony Striffler, and team Captain Sue Fassler scored for Mighty Oaks, with Fassler contributing the winning goal.
The team held on to its national ranking at number 4 and remains the only undefeated team in the USCAA. The Mighty Oaks play Broome Community College Wednesday. Oct. 9, at Onondaga Community College, with a 7 p.m. kickoff.
The Mighty Oaks men fell to Canton, 4-1. Kyle Bardwell scored the lone goal for the Mighty Oaks.
Both teams travel to Paul Smith's College Friday, Oct. 11, to battle in the annual Barkeater Cup. The men plan on defending the cup they won last year, while the women have a chance to bring it home again. Kickoffs will be at 6 and 8 p.m.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ESF Celebrates Darwin Day Feb. 17
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210