Soccer: Women Bring Barkeater Cup Home
Men lose to Paul Smith's
The ESF Mighty Oaks women's soccer team scored a decisive victory Oct. 11 over Paul Smith's College in the annual Barkeater Cup game.
The Mighty Oaks brought the cup home with a 3-0 win over their rivals from the Adirondacks.
Goals were scored by freshman Heather Carl, assisted by junior Alyssa Johnsen; junior Bridget Cuddihy, assisted by junior Madison Cummiskey; and Johnsen.
"The entire team has played a huge role in their rise to the ranking as the best team in the nation," said Coach Daniel Ramin.
The men's team fought hard in their Barkeater Cup match as well but came up short in a 3-2 loss to Paul Smith's. Great efforts from senior Kyle Siegal and senior Ryan Graig led to an exciting game. Siegal and freshman Owen Hennigan scored ESF's two goals. The Mighty Oaks men are ranked ninth in the nation.
Both teams spent the evening at ESFs Newcomb Campus and assisted with a service project Saturday.
Play continues for both teams Monday, Oct. 14, against Onondaga Community College in the annual King of the Hill Cup match.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210