Soccer: Women Bring Barkeater Cup Home
Men lose to Paul Smith's
The ESF Mighty Oaks women's soccer team scored a decisive victory Oct. 11 over Paul Smith's College in the annual Barkeater Cup game.
The Mighty Oaks brought the cup home with a 3-0 win over their rivals from the Adirondacks.
Goals were scored by freshman Heather Carl, assisted by junior Alyssa Johnsen; junior Bridget Cuddihy, assisted by junior Madison Cummiskey; and Johnsen.
"The entire team has played a huge role in their rise to the ranking as the best team in the nation," said Coach Daniel Ramin.
The men's team fought hard in their Barkeater Cup match as well but came up short in a 3-2 loss to Paul Smith's. Great efforts from senior Kyle Siegal and senior Ryan Graig led to an exciting game. Siegal and freshman Owen Hennigan scored ESF's two goals. The Mighty Oaks men are ranked ninth in the nation.
Both teams spent the evening at ESFs Newcomb Campus and assisted with a service project Saturday.
Play continues for both teams Monday, Oct. 14, against Onondaga Community College in the annual King of the Hill Cup match.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210