Soccer: Women Bring Barkeater Cup Home
Men lose to Paul Smith's
The ESF Mighty Oaks women's soccer team scored a decisive victory Oct. 11 over Paul Smith's College in the annual Barkeater Cup game.
The Mighty Oaks brought the cup home with a 3-0 win over their rivals from the Adirondacks.
Goals were scored by freshman Heather Carl, assisted by junior Alyssa Johnsen; junior Bridget Cuddihy, assisted by junior Madison Cummiskey; and Johnsen.
"The entire team has played a huge role in their rise to the ranking as the best team in the nation," said Coach Daniel Ramin.
The men's team fought hard in their Barkeater Cup match as well but came up short in a 3-2 loss to Paul Smith's. Great efforts from senior Kyle Siegal and senior Ryan Graig led to an exciting game. Siegal and freshman Owen Hennigan scored ESF's two goals. The Mighty Oaks men are ranked ninth in the nation.
Both teams spent the evening at ESFs Newcomb Campus and assisted with a service project Saturday.
Play continues for both teams Monday, Oct. 14, against Onondaga Community College in the annual King of the Hill Cup match.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210