New SUNY Chancellor Visits ESF
Dr. Nancy Zimpher met with administrators, faculty, staff and students
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
"I have had a wonderful day today. I have had so much substance that I need course credit now," said SUNY Chancellor, Nancy Zimpher, after her daylong meetings Thursday, July 16, 2009, with ESF administrators, faculty, staff and students as part of her tour of all 64 SUNY campuses.
Dr. Zimpher said not only are these campus visits an opportunity for her to introduce herself as the new leader of the SUNY system but a chance for some hands-on experience at each campus so she can be a stronger advocate in Albany. Thursday's visit to ESF was campus number 28.
Members of the ESF Board of Trustees, Foundation Board and Alumni Association Board also met with the chancellor.
At the end of the day, members of the Metropolitan Development Association and the University Hill Corporation joined in a reception for the chancellor held in the Bray Hall rotunda.
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210