Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
New SUNY Chancellor Visits ESF
Dr. Nancy Zimpher met with administrators, faculty, staff and students
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
"I have had a wonderful day today. I have had so much substance that I need course credit now," said SUNY Chancellor, Nancy Zimpher, after her daylong meetings Thursday, July 16, 2009, with ESF administrators, faculty, staff and students as part of her tour of all 64 SUNY campuses.
Dr. Zimpher said not only are these campus visits an opportunity for her to introduce herself as the new leader of the SUNY system but a chance for some hands-on experience at each campus so she can be a stronger advocate in Albany. Thursday's visit to ESF was campus number 28.
Members of the ESF Board of Trustees, Foundation Board and Alumni Association Board also met with the chancellor.
At the end of the day, members of the Metropolitan Development Association and the University Hill Corporation joined in a reception for the chancellor held in the Bray Hall rotunda.