New SUNY Chancellor Visits ESF
Dr. Nancy Zimpher met with administrators, faculty, staff and students
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
"I have had a wonderful day today. I have had so much substance that I need course credit now," said SUNY Chancellor, Nancy Zimpher, after her daylong meetings Thursday, July 16, 2009, with ESF administrators, faculty, staff and students as part of her tour of all 64 SUNY campuses.
Dr. Zimpher said not only are these campus visits an opportunity for her to introduce herself as the new leader of the SUNY system but a chance for some hands-on experience at each campus so she can be a stronger advocate in Albany. Thursday's visit to ESF was campus number 28.
Members of the ESF Board of Trustees, Foundation Board and Alumni Association Board also met with the chancellor.
At the end of the day, members of the Metropolitan Development Association and the University Hill Corporation joined in a reception for the chancellor held in the Bray Hall rotunda.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210