ESF Professor's New Book Focuses on Global Social and Environmental Change
Environmental Studies Professor David Sonnenfeld, with Colleagues from Around the World
A new book by Professor David Sonnenfeld, Department of Environmental Studies, theRoutledge International Handbook of Social and Environmental Change (ISBN 978-0-415-78279-1; with Stewart Lockie and Dana R. Fisher, eds.), has been published in London and New York by Routledge.
The volume includes contributions from environmental social scientists from around the world, including faculty affiliated with the Research Committee on Environment and Society (RC24) of the International Sociological Association. Key themes addressed in the volume include global socio-ecological change; climate change, energy and adaptation; urban environmental change and governance; environmental risk, uncertainty, and social learning; and eco-system restoration.
The text's 31 contributors hail from the Australia, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The volume is available now in hardcover in North America and Europe, and will be released shortly in Australia and New Zealand; an eBook version will be available soon, as well.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210