New Book Examines Environmental Reform Efforts
The Ecological Modernisation Reader released worldwide
"The Ecological Modernisation Reader: Environmental Reform in Theory and Practice," a new book co-edited by David Sonnenfeld, professor and chair of the ESF Department of Environmental Studies, marks three decades of scholarship on institutional environmental reform efforts around the world. Co-edited with Arthur Mol and Gert Spaargaren of Wageningen University, the Netherlands, the volume was published by Routledge in July and is being distributed worldwide. It examines structural environmental reform by industries, governments, non-governmental organizations and others. It includes a selection of the best published works and debates from a quarter century of scholarship on ecological modernization theory, newly commissioned review essays, and an agenda for further research. The text is aimed at environmental policymakers, scholars, and students; a second, paperback, edition is scheduled for release next year.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210