ESF Sophomore Earns Player of the Week Honor
Young named to Sarah Lawrence All-Tournament Team
Suthod Young, a sophomore forward on the ESF Mighty Oaks basketball team, has been named a Player of the Week by the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association.
Young was honored for his performance Jan. 5 against the Steels of the Culinary Institute of America, when he scored 18 points and had 14 rebounds.
Young has since been instrumental in two other Might Oaks victories. He scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds Jan. 11 in a double-overtime victory over the Pioneers of Alfred State when the two teams met in the consolation game of the Sarah Lawrence Tournament. He also scored 12 points and had nine rebounds Jan. 18 in another game against the Steels.
Young, a student in the ESF Department of Sustainable Contruction Management and Engineering, is a resident of Mossup, Conn.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210