ESF Sophomore Earns Player of the Week Honor
Young named to Sarah Lawrence All-Tournament Team
Suthod Young, a sophomore forward on the ESF Mighty Oaks basketball team, has been named a Player of the Week by the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association.
Young was honored for his performance Jan. 5 against the Steels of the Culinary Institute of America, when he scored 18 points and had 14 rebounds.
Young has since been instrumental in two other Might Oaks victories. He scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds Jan. 11 in a double-overtime victory over the Pioneers of Alfred State when the two teams met in the consolation game of the Sarah Lawrence Tournament. He also scored 12 points and had nine rebounds Jan. 18 in another game against the Steels.
Young, a student in the ESF Department of Sustainable Contruction Management and Engineering, is a resident of Mossup, Conn.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210