ESF’s McFee Finishes 2nd in Collegiate Timber Sport Championship
Three Woodsmen compete in nationals
ESF student Evan McFee finished second in January at the Collegiate Ironjack World Championship held at the Lumberjack Feud Sports Arena in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Junior Stephen Tramposch and seniors McFee and Max Wiesner took on some of the sport's top competitors in six disciplines over three days. Competitors were scored on these events: axe throw, speed birl, singlebuck sawing, chainsaw obstacle pole, 60' speed climb and standing block chop.
Tramposch and McFee advanced to the second round, with McFee continuing on to the final round of competition. In that final round, McFee posted two arena records. He climbed the 60' indoor pole in just 8.82 seconds to take first in the event and then set another record with a time of 14.20 seconds for 15 revolutions on the birling log.
ESF's timber sports team, the Woodsmen, began the spring semester by preparing for its home meet, scheduled for March 22 in Tully, N.Y.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210