ESF’s McFee Finishes 2nd in Collegiate Timber Sport Championship
Three Woodsmen compete in nationals
ESF student Evan McFee finished second in January at the Collegiate Ironjack World Championship held at the Lumberjack Feud Sports Arena in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Junior Stephen Tramposch and seniors McFee and Max Wiesner took on some of the sport's top competitors in six disciplines over three days. Competitors were scored on these events: axe throw, speed birl, singlebuck sawing, chainsaw obstacle pole, 60' speed climb and standing block chop.
Tramposch and McFee advanced to the second round, with McFee continuing on to the final round of competition. In that final round, McFee posted two arena records. He climbed the 60' indoor pole in just 8.82 seconds to take first in the event and then set another record with a time of 14.20 seconds for 15 revolutions on the birling log.
ESF's timber sports team, the Woodsmen, began the spring semester by preparing for its home meet, scheduled for March 22 in Tully, N.Y.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210