ESF’s McFee Finishes 2nd in Collegiate Timber Sport Championship
Three Woodsmen compete in nationals
ESF student Evan McFee finished second in January at the Collegiate Ironjack World Championship held at the Lumberjack Feud Sports Arena in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Junior Stephen Tramposch and seniors McFee and Max Wiesner took on some of the sport's top competitors in six disciplines over three days. Competitors were scored on these events: axe throw, speed birl, singlebuck sawing, chainsaw obstacle pole, 60' speed climb and standing block chop.
Tramposch and McFee advanced to the second round, with McFee continuing on to the final round of competition. In that final round, McFee posted two arena records. He climbed the 60' indoor pole in just 8.82 seconds to take first in the event and then set another record with a time of 14.20 seconds for 15 revolutions on the birling log.
ESF's timber sports team, the Woodsmen, began the spring semester by preparing for its home meet, scheduled for March 22 in Tully, N.Y.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210