ESF’s McFee Finishes 2nd in Collegiate Timber Sport Championship
Three Woodsmen compete in nationals
ESF student Evan McFee finished second in January at the Collegiate Ironjack World Championship held at the Lumberjack Feud Sports Arena in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Junior Stephen Tramposch and seniors McFee and Max Wiesner took on some of the sport's top competitors in six disciplines over three days. Competitors were scored on these events: axe throw, speed birl, singlebuck sawing, chainsaw obstacle pole, 60' speed climb and standing block chop.
Tramposch and McFee advanced to the second round, with McFee continuing on to the final round of competition. In that final round, McFee posted two arena records. He climbed the 60' indoor pole in just 8.82 seconds to take first in the event and then set another record with a time of 14.20 seconds for 15 revolutions on the birling log.
ESF's timber sports team, the Woodsmen, began the spring semester by preparing for its home meet, scheduled for March 22 in Tully, N.Y.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210