Dr. Murphy to Lead Commission
Consensus to look at improving local government
Former SUNY-ESF President Neil Murphy will lead a commission tasked with looking at every level of service in Onondaga County to position the area for success in the future.
Consensus, the commission launched by CenterState CEO, will look at ways to modernize government and make it more responsive, more cost effective and better at service delivery, according to CenterState.
Robert M. Simpson, CenterState president and CEO, said the region has nine times more local government entities than the national average: 4.2 units per 10,000 people compared to a national average of .47. Onondaga County, alone, is nearly double the national average.
Consensus will be led by Murphy, along with Catherine Richardson, who retired as an attorney with Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC; and former Congressman James Walsh.
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210