Students Honored for ‘Spotlight’ Presentations
Event highlights research by undergrads and graduate students
Several ESF students received awards during the Spotlight on Student Research that was held on campus April 15 and 16. Approximately 75 posters were presented in both undergraduate and graduate student categories.
The following awards were presented at the Spotlight Awards Ceremony:
Tied for first place and winning $125 were chemistry student Eoghan Connors ("Green Synthesis of Pharmaceuticals Facilitated by Water-Soluble Dendritic Palladium Complexes") and environmental studies student Teagan Dolan ("Engaging and Empowering Appalachian Coal Communities through Water Quality").
Tied for third place and winning $75 were chemistry Student Josh Harris ("The Role of Genes PA2003-PA2005 in the Regulation of D-3 Hydroxybutyrate Metabolism in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1") and environmental science Student Marie Panossian ("Re-Evaluation of SUNY-ESF's CAP for Carbon Neutrality by 2015").
First place, with a $125 prize, went to environmental studies master's student Katelind Batill, ("Drilling Between the Lines: A Multi-State Media Analysis of the Risks and Benefits to Hydraulic Fracturing in the US").
Second place, with a $100 prize, went to environmental and forest biology Ph.D. candidate William Helenbrook ("Impact of Changing Landscapes on Gastrointestinal Parasite Communities in People and Mantled Howler Monkeys (Alouatta palliata aequatorialis)").
Third place, with a $75 prize, went to environmental and forest biology master's student Emily Gavard ("Exploring the Potential for Parasite-mediated Competition: New England and Eastern Cottontails, Invasive Vegetation and Parasites in the Hudson Valley, NY").
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210