ESF Runner Named Scholar Athlete
Cross country runner excels on the field, in classroom
Timothy Callahan, a senior at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was named a 2014 scholar athlete.
Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team, was recognized for both his athletic and academic achievements. He is a conservation biology major from Massapequa.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
SUNY honored 83 student athletes across the SUNY system.
"SUNY scholar athletes are standout students who have excelled not only in their respective sports but in our classrooms as well," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "With an average GPA of 3.55 among this year's honorees, we are exceptionally proud of their achievements. Congratulations to each of the students recognized, and thank you to the many professors, coaches, and staff across SUNY who support them."
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210