ESF Runner Named Scholar Athlete
Cross country runner excels on the field, in classroom
Timothy Callahan, a senior at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was named a 2014 scholar athlete.
Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team, was recognized for both his athletic and academic achievements. He is a conservation biology major from Massapequa.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
SUNY honored 83 student athletes across the SUNY system.
"SUNY scholar athletes are standout students who have excelled not only in their respective sports but in our classrooms as well," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "With an average GPA of 3.55 among this year's honorees, we are exceptionally proud of their achievements. Congratulations to each of the students recognized, and thank you to the many professors, coaches, and staff across SUNY who support them."
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210