ESF Runner Named Scholar Athlete
Cross country runner excels on the field, in classroom
Timothy Callahan, a senior at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was named a 2014 scholar athlete.
Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team, was recognized for both his athletic and academic achievements. He is a conservation biology major from Massapequa.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
SUNY honored 83 student athletes across the SUNY system.
"SUNY scholar athletes are standout students who have excelled not only in their respective sports but in our classrooms as well," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "With an average GPA of 3.55 among this year's honorees, we are exceptionally proud of their achievements. Congratulations to each of the students recognized, and thank you to the many professors, coaches, and staff across SUNY who support them."
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210