ESF Runner Named Scholar Athlete
Cross country runner excels on the field, in classroom
Timothy Callahan, a senior at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was named a 2014 scholar athlete.
Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team, was recognized for both his athletic and academic achievements. He is a conservation biology major from Massapequa.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
SUNY honored 83 student athletes across the SUNY system.
"SUNY scholar athletes are standout students who have excelled not only in their respective sports but in our classrooms as well," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "With an average GPA of 3.55 among this year's honorees, we are exceptionally proud of their achievements. Congratulations to each of the students recognized, and thank you to the many professors, coaches, and staff across SUNY who support them."
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210