ESF Runner Named Scholar Athlete
Cross country runner excels on the field, in classroom
Timothy Callahan, a senior at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was named a 2014 scholar athlete.
Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team, was recognized for both his athletic and academic achievements. He is a conservation biology major from Massapequa.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
SUNY honored 83 student athletes across the SUNY system.
"SUNY scholar athletes are standout students who have excelled not only in their respective sports but in our classrooms as well," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "With an average GPA of 3.55 among this year's honorees, we are exceptionally proud of their achievements. Congratulations to each of the students recognized, and thank you to the many professors, coaches, and staff across SUNY who support them."
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210