Men's Soccer Team Continues Its Winning Ways
Team defeats Berkeley College on the road 5-2
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team continued its winning ways, winning its fourth straight game as it defeatd Berkeley College, 5-2, on the road in Brooklyn, N.Y., Sept. 6.
Leading the team in goals was sophomore Zack Reda with a hat trick. Goals were also scored by senior Captain Dillion Buchberg and sophomore Owen Hennigan.
The first half was hard fought with the Mighty Oaks dominating most of the half but ending up with a 2-2 tie at half time. The second half began with physical play by both teams. Hennigan put the Mighty Oaks ahead permanently with a beautiful chip shot over the goalie at the 41st minute. Great performances were had by senior Captain Kyle Bardwell with three assists and junior Captain Rob Hamm with one assist.
Hamm was enthusiastic about the game's outcome, saying, "Our momentum carried over into this game from the last wins and we will continue to use that motivation in the future."
The Mighty Oaks' next game is at home versus SUNY Delhi at 3 p.m. Sept. 13.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210