Men's Soccer Team Continues Its Winning Ways
Team defeats Berkeley College on the road 5-2
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team continued its winning ways, winning its fourth straight game as it defeatd Berkeley College, 5-2, on the road in Brooklyn, N.Y., Sept. 6.
Leading the team in goals was sophomore Zack Reda with a hat trick. Goals were also scored by senior Captain Dillion Buchberg and sophomore Owen Hennigan.
The first half was hard fought with the Mighty Oaks dominating most of the half but ending up with a 2-2 tie at half time. The second half began with physical play by both teams. Hennigan put the Mighty Oaks ahead permanently with a beautiful chip shot over the goalie at the 41st minute. Great performances were had by senior Captain Kyle Bardwell with three assists and junior Captain Rob Hamm with one assist.
Hamm was enthusiastic about the game's outcome, saying, "Our momentum carried over into this game from the last wins and we will continue to use that motivation in the future."
The Mighty Oaks' next game is at home versus SUNY Delhi at 3 p.m. Sept. 13.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210