Men's Soccer Team Continues Its Winning Ways
Team defeats Berkeley College on the road 5-2
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team continued its winning ways, winning its fourth straight game as it defeatd Berkeley College, 5-2, on the road in Brooklyn, N.Y., Sept. 6.
Leading the team in goals was sophomore Zack Reda with a hat trick. Goals were also scored by senior Captain Dillion Buchberg and sophomore Owen Hennigan.
The first half was hard fought with the Mighty Oaks dominating most of the half but ending up with a 2-2 tie at half time. The second half began with physical play by both teams. Hennigan put the Mighty Oaks ahead permanently with a beautiful chip shot over the goalie at the 41st minute. Great performances were had by senior Captain Kyle Bardwell with three assists and junior Captain Rob Hamm with one assist.
Hamm was enthusiastic about the game's outcome, saying, "Our momentum carried over into this game from the last wins and we will continue to use that motivation in the future."
The Mighty Oaks' next game is at home versus SUNY Delhi at 3 p.m. Sept. 13.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210