Monday, May 20, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
- ESF Professor Earns Highest Faculty Honor
SUNY-ESF Students Join 350.org Event
Effort calls attention to finding solutions to climate change
SUNY-ESF students, joined by some faculty and staff members, gathered on the ESF quad Oct. 22 to form the number 350 to support the International Day of Climate Action.
The effort was spearheaded by 350.org, an international campaign that is focused on finding solutions to climate change. The number 350 refers to 350 parts per million, the level that has been identified as the safe upper limit for carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
At ESF, scores of students took a quick break from their studies at lunchtime and gathered for a photo in response to 350.org's suggestion that supporters incorporate the number 350 at an iconic location in their community. The ESF Quad has, for many years, been a centerpiece for campus activity.