SUNY-ESF Students Join 350.org Event
Effort calls attention to finding solutions to climate change
SUNY-ESF students, joined by some faculty and staff members, gathered on the ESF quad Oct. 22 to form the number 350 to support the International Day of Climate Action.
The effort was spearheaded by 350.org, an international campaign that is focused on finding solutions to climate change. The number 350 refers to 350 parts per million, the level that has been identified as the safe upper limit for carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
At ESF, scores of students took a quick break from their studies at lunchtime and gathered for a photo in response to 350.org's suggestion that supporters incorporate the number 350 at an iconic location in their community. The ESF Quad has, for many years, been a centerpiece for campus activity.
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210