SUNY-ESF Students Join 350.org Event
Effort calls attention to finding solutions to climate change
SUNY-ESF students, joined by some faculty and staff members, gathered on the ESF quad Oct. 22 to form the number 350 to support the International Day of Climate Action.
The effort was spearheaded by 350.org, an international campaign that is focused on finding solutions to climate change. The number 350 refers to 350 parts per million, the level that has been identified as the safe upper limit for carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
At ESF, scores of students took a quick break from their studies at lunchtime and gathered for a photo in response to 350.org's suggestion that supporters incorporate the number 350 at an iconic location in their community. The ESF Quad has, for many years, been a centerpiece for campus activity.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210