Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi in Dramatic Fashion
Junior Zach Reda scores winning goal in overtime
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a game for the ages, defeating SUNY Delhi 2-1 in overtime.
The first half ended in a 0-0 draw. Delhi broke the ice with a goal by forward Dimitri Beauchamp early in the second half. Six minutes later, the Mighty Oaks countered with a goal by Owen Hennigan (assisted by Dillon Buchberg). Regulation time ended with a 1-1 tie. In overtime the Mighty Oaks came out gunning, creating several scoring opportunities. Zach Reda finally put the ball in the back of the net, making the score 2-1 and giving the Mighty Oaks the win.
"The ball doesn't seem to always find the net at the beginning, but with resilience and high intensity pressure, it's only a matter of time," said senior center back Wyatt Wesner.
The men's soccer team, now 5-0, quickly take the field again in Albany, Sept 14 versus Albany College of Pharmacy.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210