Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi in Dramatic Fashion
Junior Zach Reda scores winning goal in overtime
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a game for the ages, defeating SUNY Delhi 2-1 in overtime.
The first half ended in a 0-0 draw. Delhi broke the ice with a goal by forward Dimitri Beauchamp early in the second half. Six minutes later, the Mighty Oaks countered with a goal by Owen Hennigan (assisted by Dillon Buchberg). Regulation time ended with a 1-1 tie. In overtime the Mighty Oaks came out gunning, creating several scoring opportunities. Zach Reda finally put the ball in the back of the net, making the score 2-1 and giving the Mighty Oaks the win.
"The ball doesn't seem to always find the net at the beginning, but with resilience and high intensity pressure, it's only a matter of time," said senior center back Wyatt Wesner.
The men's soccer team, now 5-0, quickly take the field again in Albany, Sept 14 versus Albany College of Pharmacy.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210