Women's Soccer Team Shuts Out Bryant & Stratton
Mighty Oaks cruise to a 6-0 win
From the opening whistle, the Mighty Oaks women's soccer dominated possession over the Bryant & Stratton Bobcats for most of the game on Sept. 21
After a couple near opportunities in the first half, Bridget Cuddihy chipped in a goal after a beautiful pass by freshman Shannon Gordinier. Roughly 10 minutes later, Heather Carl made the score 2-0 with a blast from close to 20 yards out. Near the end of the first half, Bryony Striffler took advantage of a miscue by the Bobcats' defense and knocked in an easy goal to give the Mighty Oaks a comfortable 3-0 halftime lead.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks continued to control the tempo and attack at will. Goals were scored by Cuddihy, Striffler and Makayla McCormick.
Kiki Hilmer continued her solid play in the goal with another shutout, the team's sixth shutout in a row.
The women's soccer team now improves to 6-0 and plays again Sep. 22 in the annual Queen of the Hill Cup versus Onondaga Community College.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210