Men's Soccer Team Loses a Heartbreaker to OCC
'King of the Hill' title gets away in final seconds
The ESF men's soccer team was defeated by Onondaga Community College, 3-2, in the annual King of the Hill Cup Sept. 22.
The Mighty Oaks got off to a quick start with a goal by Owen Hennigan nearly four minutes into the game. The first half was evenly matched and OCC tied up the score off a rebound at the 30-minute mark. At halftime, the score was tied 1-1.
The momentum in the beginning of the second half belonged to OCC, with the Lazers scoring on a penalty kick in the 62nd minute. The Mighty Oaks refused to give up, constantly pressuring and attacking the OCC defense until a penalty kick was awarded to ESF and punched in by Kyle Bardwell at the 84th minute.
Unfortunately a defensive lapse by ESF in the waning seconds gave OCC a free kick, which it converted into the game-winning goal.
The men's soccer team looks to get back on the winning track Sept. 24 when it faces Penn College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210