Men's Soccer Team Loses a Heartbreaker to OCC
'King of the Hill' title gets away in final seconds
The ESF men's soccer team was defeated by Onondaga Community College, 3-2, in the annual King of the Hill Cup Sept. 22.
The Mighty Oaks got off to a quick start with a goal by Owen Hennigan nearly four minutes into the game. The first half was evenly matched and OCC tied up the score off a rebound at the 30-minute mark. At halftime, the score was tied 1-1.
The momentum in the beginning of the second half belonged to OCC, with the Lazers scoring on a penalty kick in the 62nd minute. The Mighty Oaks refused to give up, constantly pressuring and attacking the OCC defense until a penalty kick was awarded to ESF and punched in by Kyle Bardwell at the 84th minute.
Unfortunately a defensive lapse by ESF in the waning seconds gave OCC a free kick, which it converted into the game-winning goal.
The men's soccer team looks to get back on the winning track Sept. 24 when it faces Penn College.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210