Men's Soccer Team Loses a Heartbreaker to OCC
'King of the Hill' title gets away in final seconds
The ESF men's soccer team was defeated by Onondaga Community College, 3-2, in the annual King of the Hill Cup Sept. 22.
The Mighty Oaks got off to a quick start with a goal by Owen Hennigan nearly four minutes into the game. The first half was evenly matched and OCC tied up the score off a rebound at the 30-minute mark. At halftime, the score was tied 1-1.
The momentum in the beginning of the second half belonged to OCC, with the Lazers scoring on a penalty kick in the 62nd minute. The Mighty Oaks refused to give up, constantly pressuring and attacking the OCC defense until a penalty kick was awarded to ESF and punched in by Kyle Bardwell at the 84th minute.
Unfortunately a defensive lapse by ESF in the waning seconds gave OCC a free kick, which it converted into the game-winning goal.
The men's soccer team looks to get back on the winning track Sept. 24 when it faces Penn College.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210