Men's Soccer Team Falls to Penn College in Double OT
Senior keeper Mike Walczyk has 6 saves
The ESF men's soccer team fell to the Pennsylvania College of Technology Wildcats 1-0 in double overtime Sept. 24 at Solvay High School.
The Wildcats came out strong, outshooting the Mighty Oaks 14-9. The Mighty Oaks' defense denied the early onslaught of shots.
The game was a physical contest for both teams, yielding four yellow cards throughout the game and a red card against senior Captain Kyle Bardwell that forced the Mighty Oaks to play a man down for the last 20 minutes.
Penn took advantage of the mismatch and scored the game-winning goal at the 102nd minute.
"This game was about composure and finishing, two things we need to improve. We had some positive play and possession but those things alone don't score goals" said Head Coach Dan Ramin.
Despite the recent string of difficultdefeats, the men's soccer team remains confident and looks to get a win on the road against Keuka College Oct. 1.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210