Men's Soccer Team Falls to Penn College in Double OT
Senior keeper Mike Walczyk has 6 saves
The ESF men's soccer team fell to the Pennsylvania College of Technology Wildcats 1-0 in double overtime Sept. 24 at Solvay High School.
The Wildcats came out strong, outshooting the Mighty Oaks 14-9. The Mighty Oaks' defense denied the early onslaught of shots.
The game was a physical contest for both teams, yielding four yellow cards throughout the game and a red card against senior Captain Kyle Bardwell that forced the Mighty Oaks to play a man down for the last 20 minutes.
Penn took advantage of the mismatch and scored the game-winning goal at the 102nd minute.
"This game was about composure and finishing, two things we need to improve. We had some positive play and possession but those things alone don't score goals" said Head Coach Dan Ramin.
Despite the recent string of difficultdefeats, the men's soccer team remains confident and looks to get a win on the road against Keuka College Oct. 1.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210