Women's Soccer Team Falls in Overtime
Goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer makes 15 saves in the net
The ESF women's soccer team suffered its first loss of the season Sept. 28, losing in overtime to the defending USCAA national champions, the University of Maine - Fort Kent Lady Bengals, at CNY Family Sports Center.
The game started off evenly matched with a lot of back and forth by both teams on offense and defense. The Mighty Oaks opened the scoring at the 28th minute with a blast from outside the box by sophomore Heather Carl. University of Maine - Fort Kent responded, creating several shots, but goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer made some timely saves to keep the score 1-0 at half time.
The Mighty Oaks opened the second half with a quick goal by Carl assisted by Shannon Gordinier, making the score 2-0. The Lady Bengals would not back down, eventually scoring two goals in the 70th and 80th minutes to tie up the score and send the game into sudden death overtime. The Lady Bengals were able to knock in the winning goal three minutes into overtime play.
The ESF women's soccer team look to get back on the winning track Oct. 5 at Alfred State.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210