Women's Soccer Team Falls in Overtime
Goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer makes 15 saves in the net
The ESF women's soccer team suffered its first loss of the season Sept. 28, losing in overtime to the defending USCAA national champions, the University of Maine - Fort Kent Lady Bengals, at CNY Family Sports Center.
The game started off evenly matched with a lot of back and forth by both teams on offense and defense. The Mighty Oaks opened the scoring at the 28th minute with a blast from outside the box by sophomore Heather Carl. University of Maine - Fort Kent responded, creating several shots, but goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer made some timely saves to keep the score 1-0 at half time.
The Mighty Oaks opened the second half with a quick goal by Carl assisted by Shannon Gordinier, making the score 2-0. The Lady Bengals would not back down, eventually scoring two goals in the 70th and 80th minutes to tie up the score and send the game into sudden death overtime. The Lady Bengals were able to knock in the winning goal three minutes into overtime play.
The ESF women's soccer team look to get back on the winning track Oct. 5 at Alfred State.
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210