Women's Soccer Team Falls in Overtime
Goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer makes 15 saves in the net
The ESF women's soccer team suffered its first loss of the season Sept. 28, losing in overtime to the defending USCAA national champions, the University of Maine - Fort Kent Lady Bengals, at CNY Family Sports Center.
The game started off evenly matched with a lot of back and forth by both teams on offense and defense. The Mighty Oaks opened the scoring at the 28th minute with a blast from outside the box by sophomore Heather Carl. University of Maine - Fort Kent responded, creating several shots, but goalkeeper Kiki Hilmer made some timely saves to keep the score 1-0 at half time.
The Mighty Oaks opened the second half with a quick goal by Carl assisted by Shannon Gordinier, making the score 2-0. The Lady Bengals would not back down, eventually scoring two goals in the 70th and 80th minutes to tie up the score and send the game into sudden death overtime. The Lady Bengals were able to knock in the winning goal three minutes into overtime play.
The ESF women's soccer team look to get back on the winning track Oct. 5 at Alfred State.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210