Golf Team Participates at NCCGA Tournament
Alex Brown leads team with score of 82
The Mighty Oaks golf team traveled to the Rochester area for the National Collegiate Club Golf Association Northeast Region I tournament Sept. 27-28. The tournament was hosted at two courses, Shadow Pines and Shadow Lake.
The first day at Shadow Pines, scores were high on the demanding and hilly course. The Mighty Oaks were led by senior Patrick Murphy with a score of 91.
The Mighty Oaks came back the next day ready to improve upon the scores that had them in last place out of five teams. Every member of team turned in a stronger performance on the second day. Leading the ESF team in scoring on day two was junior Alex Brown with an 82. Brown, Thomas Rimmer and Nick Reddick all tied for 20th place overall with a combined score of 178.
The team will host the ESF Invitational at the Links at Erie Village Oct. 5. The invitational was rescheduled because of poor weather last month.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210