Monday, November 30, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Professor Joins Expedition to Galapagos Home of Rare Tortoises
- ESF Honors Location on Haudenosaunee Territory
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn All-American Honors
- Women's Soccer Team Falls in Semifinals
- ESF Men 2nd, Women 3rd at XC Championships
ESF Researcher Described as Super Scientist
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer leads Great Lakes Research Consortium
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was described as a "super scientist" by the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE).
Boyer has been the lead scientist for several COSEE Great Lakes workshops aboard vessels that conduct research on the Great Lakes.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with the SUNY-ESF Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210