Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- German Foresters Visit The Ranger School
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- ‘Honorable Harvest’ Lecture Draws SRO Crowd
- Bass Fishing Team Catches on at ESF
- ESF Faculty Member Contributes to Biogenic Carbon Report
ESF Researcher Described as Super Scientist
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer leads Great Lakes Research Consortium
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was described as a "super scientist" by the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE).
Boyer has been the lead scientist for several COSEE Great Lakes workshops aboard vessels that conduct research on the Great Lakes.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with the SUNY-ESF Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210