Saturday, October 10, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Nature, Human Activities Create Challenges for Declining Songbirds
- ESF Faculty, Students Help Set Guinness World Record
- ‘Great Experience’ Takes Grad Student to Bulgaria
- Mighty Oaks Sports Weekend Recap
- EPA Regional Administrator to Speak Oct. 6 at ESF
ESF Researcher Described as Super Scientist
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer leads Great Lakes Research Consortium
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was described as a "super scientist" by the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE).
Boyer has been the lead scientist for several COSEE Great Lakes workshops aboard vessels that conduct research on the Great Lakes.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with the SUNY-ESF Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210