ESF Researcher Described as Super Scientist
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer leads Great Lakes Research Consortium
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was described as a "super scientist" by the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE).
Boyer has been the lead scientist for several COSEE Great Lakes workshops aboard vessels that conduct research on the Great Lakes.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with the SUNY-ESF Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210