ESF Researcher Described as Super Scientist
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer leads Great Lakes Research Consortium
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was described as a "super scientist" by the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE).
Boyer has been the lead scientist for several COSEE Great Lakes workshops aboard vessels that conduct research on the Great Lakes.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with the SUNY-ESF Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210