Thursday, May 23, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed to Great Lakes Research Managers
Boyer begins three-year term immediately
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was appointed to the Council of Great Lakes Research Managers by the International Joint Commission.
Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was appointed to a three-year term.
The Council of Great Lakes Research Managers was established to assist the commission in the exercise of the powers and responsibilities assigned to it under the Great Lakes Water Quality agreement.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with ESF's Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.