Friday, April 18, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- College Earns Spot in Guide to Green Colleges from Princeton Review
- SUNY-ESF’s Gateway Center Earns LEED Platinum Certification
- SUNY-ESF Celebrates Earth Week with Music Video
- ESF Receives $2.4M Gift, Largest in College History
- ESF Wildlife Society Wins Quiz Bowl
ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed to Great Lakes Research Managers
Boyer begins three-year term immediately
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was appointed to the Council of Great Lakes Research Managers by the International Joint Commission.
Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was appointed to a three-year term.
The Council of Great Lakes Research Managers was established to assist the commission in the exercise of the powers and responsibilities assigned to it under the Great Lakes Water Quality agreement.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with ESF's Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210