ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed to Great Lakes Research Managers
Boyer begins three-year term immediately
Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was appointed to the Council of Great Lakes Research Managers by the International Joint Commission.
Boyer, a professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry and director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium, was appointed to a three-year term.
The Council of Great Lakes Research Managers was established to assist the commission in the exercise of the powers and responsibilities assigned to it under the Great Lakes Water Quality agreement.
Boyer is a biochemist who was honored with ESF's Exemplary Researcher Award in 2008-09. He has investigated algae blooms for more than three decades and was ESF's principal investigator on a $3 million, five-year study to detect and respond to toxic algae blooms.
- ESF Education a Family Affair for Schiavone Brothers
- Oakie Flies into Final Four
- Oakie Continues to Dance in Mascot Madness
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-Le Moyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210