Woodsmen: Women's Team Finishes First at Paul Smith's Meet
Men's team finishes in second place
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's Woodsmen teams participated at the Paul Smith's College meet Oct. 25.
The women's squad came in first. Leading the team was first-time competitor Sonja Wixom, who won the boom run event. Other winners were Katie McCann (axe throw) and Miranda Nunn (stock saw). Katie McCann and Rachel Anderson also placed well in the doubles crosscut team event.
The men's team finished a close second behind the hosts from Paul Smith's College. The team placed first in the team log roll. The duo of Jake Murphy and Ben Peak finished first in the splitting event.
The Jack-and-Jill team placed fifth at the meet.
The Woodsmen teams will return to action in the spring semester. Fans can visit esfathletics.com for date and times of upcoming events.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210