OCC downs ESF in Men's Basketball
OCC dominates the second half to pull away from the Mighty Oaks
The Onondaga Community College Lasers topped the Mighty Oaks of ESF 85-56 Nov. 5 at Allyn Hall.
Both teams got off to a slow start, exchanging three pointers to open up the game but going almost six minutes without scoring. A three pointer by the Mighty Oaks broke the scoring drought as both teams started to find their rhythm. The Lasers pulled ahead towards the end of the first half. However, a combination of strong defensive pressure by senior Matt Kowalski and a three pointer by sophomore Dan Treadwell in the waning seconds of the half, fueled a 14-6 run by the Mighty Oaks to go into halftime down by two, 38-36.
OCC came out fast, going on a 7-0 run at the start of the second half. OCC continued to outscore ESF 14-2, pulling ahead 50-38. The Mighty Oaks were able to cut the lead down to eight but another OCC run ended ESF's chances of capturing the lead.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell lead the Mighty Oaks with 12 points. Senior Suthod Young had eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks are back in action Nov. 8 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210