OCC downs ESF in Men's Basketball
OCC dominates the second half to pull away from the Mighty Oaks
The Onondaga Community College Lasers topped the Mighty Oaks of ESF 85-56 Nov. 5 at Allyn Hall.
Both teams got off to a slow start, exchanging three pointers to open up the game but going almost six minutes without scoring. A three pointer by the Mighty Oaks broke the scoring drought as both teams started to find their rhythm. The Lasers pulled ahead towards the end of the first half. However, a combination of strong defensive pressure by senior Matt Kowalski and a three pointer by sophomore Dan Treadwell in the waning seconds of the half, fueled a 14-6 run by the Mighty Oaks to go into halftime down by two, 38-36.
OCC came out fast, going on a 7-0 run at the start of the second half. OCC continued to outscore ESF 14-2, pulling ahead 50-38. The Mighty Oaks were able to cut the lead down to eight but another OCC run ended ESF's chances of capturing the lead.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell lead the Mighty Oaks with 12 points. Senior Suthod Young had eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks are back in action Nov. 8 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210