Men's basketball falls to Alfred University
Junior Sage Beemer leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team fell to the Alfred University Saxons, 95-57.
The Saxons came out strong and fast, building an 18-point lead within the first eight minutes of the game during the Nov. 15 game. The Mighty Oaks orchestrated a run of its own, cutting the lead down to eight with four minutes remaining in the first half and going into half time down only 39-51.
The second half was all Alfred as the Saxons ramped up its defense causing 16 Mighty Oaks' turnovers and limiting the Mighty Oaks to only 25 percent shooting in the second half.
Junior Sage Beemer lead the Mighty Oaks with 14 points.
The men's basketball team is back in action on the road Nov. 18 versus Marywood University in Scranton, Pa.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210