Men's basketball falls to Alfred University
Junior Sage Beemer leads the Mighty Oaks with 14 points
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team fell to the Alfred University Saxons, 95-57.
The Saxons came out strong and fast, building an 18-point lead within the first eight minutes of the game during the Nov. 15 game. The Mighty Oaks orchestrated a run of its own, cutting the lead down to eight with four minutes remaining in the first half and going into half time down only 39-51.
The second half was all Alfred as the Saxons ramped up its defense causing 16 Mighty Oaks' turnovers and limiting the Mighty Oaks to only 25 percent shooting in the second half.
Junior Sage Beemer lead the Mighty Oaks with 14 points.
The men's basketball team is back in action on the road Nov. 18 versus Marywood University in Scranton, Pa.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210