Mighty Oaks Hoops Falls to Alfred State
Senior Suthod Young scores 12 points to lead ESF
The ESF men's basketball team fell to Alfred State 69-55 Dec. 14 at the Orvis Activities Center.
The Pioneers jumped out to a quick 17-2 lead in the first half but the Mighty Oaks stormed back with a 22-5 run to take the lead. At the half, the score was knotted up at 32-32.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks struggled with poor shooting while the Pioneers took control of the game coming, away with a 69-55 victory.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell came off the bench to score 12 points and pulled down eight rebounds. Senior Suthod Young also scored 12 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell had four steals.
The Mighty Oaks take the court again at home Jan. 10 versus the Culinary Institute of America.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210