Mighty Oaks Hoops Falls to Alfred State
Senior Suthod Young scores 12 points to lead ESF
The ESF men's basketball team fell to Alfred State 69-55 Dec. 14 at the Orvis Activities Center.
The Pioneers jumped out to a quick 17-2 lead in the first half but the Mighty Oaks stormed back with a 22-5 run to take the lead. At the half, the score was knotted up at 32-32.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks struggled with poor shooting while the Pioneers took control of the game coming, away with a 69-55 victory.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell came off the bench to score 12 points and pulled down eight rebounds. Senior Suthod Young also scored 12 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell had four steals.
The Mighty Oaks take the court again at home Jan. 10 versus the Culinary Institute of America.
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210