Mighty Oaks Hoops Falls to Alfred State
Senior Suthod Young scores 12 points to lead ESF
The ESF men's basketball team fell to Alfred State 69-55 Dec. 14 at the Orvis Activities Center.
The Pioneers jumped out to a quick 17-2 lead in the first half but the Mighty Oaks stormed back with a 22-5 run to take the lead. At the half, the score was knotted up at 32-32.
In the second half, the Mighty Oaks struggled with poor shooting while the Pioneers took control of the game coming, away with a 69-55 victory.
Sophomore Ryan Caldwell came off the bench to score 12 points and pulled down eight rebounds. Senior Suthod Young also scored 12 points. Sophomore Dan Treadwell had four steals.
The Mighty Oaks take the court again at home Jan. 10 versus the Culinary Institute of America.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210