Track & Field Team Competes at Brockport Classic
Freshman Shannon Gordinier continues her dominance in the 60m dash
The Mighty Oaks track and field team competed at the Brockport Midseason Classic Feb. 7. The meet featured 14 schools, many from the SUNY athletic conference.
On the women's side, Shannon Gordinier won the 60-meter dash for the second week in a row with a time of 7.93. Gordinier's time would have her ranked as one of the top 20 in the nation among NCAA Division III schools. Gordinier also won fourth place in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27.15, a new ESF school record. Other notable perfomances on the women's squad were freshman Hunter Longenberger (shotput, 18th place, 8.11m) and junior Cara Keogh (300m, 15th place, 12:18).
On the men's side, Ryan Mackerer set a new ESF school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 54.24 while finishing in 15th place out of 36 runners. Senior Thomas Acuri finished in the top 20 in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:06. The men's distance medley team, consisting of junior Dan McGraw, sophomore Alex Fisher, Mackerer and Acuri, also set a new school record with time of 11:43.
The team is off this weekend and will return to action at the Denaukt Invitational held at Cornell University Feb. 21.
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210