Pack Institute Research Travel Awards
Seven student recipients recognized
ESF's Randolph G. Pack Institute and Department of Environmental Studies are pleased to report the results of this year's Pack Graduate Student Research Travel Award competition in Environmental, Natural Resources, and Conservation Policy, with particular emphasis on international policy issues:
- Kyle Bell, MS Environmental Studies, "Mexico City's Metrobus program and the societal benefits to organizational collaboration"
- Jessica Bohn, MS Environmental and Resource Engineering, "Biodiversity of managed forests surrounding the Calakmul Biosphere Reserve in Mexico"
- Elizabeth Hunter, MS Conservation Biology, "The frontier of conservation policy: Implications of using 'ecological analog' species to conserve biodiversity in the Galapagos Is., Ecuador"
- Nayoung Jo, MS Environmental Studies, "A new community development frame? The role of community in S. Korea's New Community Movement, 1970-75"
- Abigail Larkin, MS Conservation Biology, "Wilderness perception mapping in the Adirondack Park, NY"
- Marvin Montefrio, PhD Environmental and Natural Resources Policy, "Growing fuel on ancestral land: biofuels development in the upland regions of the Philippines"
- Hang Ryeol Na, PhD Environmental and Natural Resources Policy, "Quantitative analysis of urban forest conditions in Seol, Korea"
Congratulations to these graduate student researchers. And thank you to all those who applied.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210