Pack Institute Research Travel Awards
Seven student recipients recognized
ESF's Randolph G. Pack Institute and Department of Environmental Studies are pleased to report the results of this year's Pack Graduate Student Research Travel Award competition in Environmental, Natural Resources, and Conservation Policy, with particular emphasis on international policy issues:
- Kyle Bell, MS Environmental Studies, "Mexico City's Metrobus program and the societal benefits to organizational collaboration"
- Jessica Bohn, MS Environmental and Resource Engineering, "Biodiversity of managed forests surrounding the Calakmul Biosphere Reserve in Mexico"
- Elizabeth Hunter, MS Conservation Biology, "The frontier of conservation policy: Implications of using 'ecological analog' species to conserve biodiversity in the Galapagos Is., Ecuador"
- Nayoung Jo, MS Environmental Studies, "A new community development frame? The role of community in S. Korea's New Community Movement, 1970-75"
- Abigail Larkin, MS Conservation Biology, "Wilderness perception mapping in the Adirondack Park, NY"
- Marvin Montefrio, PhD Environmental and Natural Resources Policy, "Growing fuel on ancestral land: biofuels development in the upland regions of the Philippines"
- Hang Ryeol Na, PhD Environmental and Natural Resources Policy, "Quantitative analysis of urban forest conditions in Seol, Korea"
Congratulations to these graduate student researchers. And thank you to all those who applied.
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210