Leopold to Present on Onondaga Lake Restoration
The March 5 session of Institute for Retired People will feature Dr. Donald Leopold, an ESF Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of the Department of Environmental and Forestry Biology. He will discuss the many vegetation-based restoration projects at various stages near Onondaga Lake. Leopold has been working with engineers and scientists from O'Brien and Gere, Parsons, and Honeywell for the past 10 years.
IRP meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Syracuse, 5833 East Seneca Turnpike, Jamesville. The meeting is open to anyone in the community who is retired or semi-retired.
Further information is available at the link above or by calling Sandra at 315-443-5404 or sending an email to email@example.com. IRP is a community program of University College of Syracuse University, dedicated to the principle of lifelong learning.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210