Track Teams Contend at Cortland Classic
Several Mighty Oaks set school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track team competed at the Cortland Classic at SUNY Cortland on April 17-18.
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri set a new ESF school record in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:59. Arcuri finished in 14th place overall out of 66 runners in the event. Junior Peter LeDuc set a school record in the men's 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:22, giving him a 12th place finish out of 23 participants. Freshman Nick Giordano set a new school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 52.81, finishing 29th out of 47 runners.
On the women's team, the 4x800-meter relay squad consisting of Andrea Szweczyk, Courtney Pitman, Samantha Hollister and Emily Verbeck set a new school record of 11:12, finishing third out of four teams. Freshman Emily Verbeck also had a strong performance in the women's 800-meter run with a personal best of 2:46.
Both the men's and women's teams finished their record-setting season on a high note at the Cortland Classic. Several athletes will return to action in the fall as part of the cross-country team.
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210