Track Teams Contend at Cortland Classic
Several Mighty Oaks set school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track team competed at the Cortland Classic at SUNY Cortland on April 17-18.
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri set a new ESF school record in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:59. Arcuri finished in 14th place overall out of 66 runners in the event. Junior Peter LeDuc set a school record in the men's 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:22, giving him a 12th place finish out of 23 participants. Freshman Nick Giordano set a new school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 52.81, finishing 29th out of 47 runners.
On the women's team, the 4x800-meter relay squad consisting of Andrea Szweczyk, Courtney Pitman, Samantha Hollister and Emily Verbeck set a new school record of 11:12, finishing third out of four teams. Freshman Emily Verbeck also had a strong performance in the women's 800-meter run with a personal best of 2:46.
Both the men's and women's teams finished their record-setting season on a high note at the Cortland Classic. Several athletes will return to action in the fall as part of the cross-country team.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210