Mighty Oaks Runners Compete in the Mountain Goat Run
Six ESF runners place in the top 25
It may be the off-season but the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country runners showed they're still in peak form. Six team members participated May 3 in the 2015 Mountain Goat Run and all of them finished in the top 25.
Because of its hilly course and abrupt changes in elevation, the Mountain Goat race is considered one of the most difficult 10-mile road races in the nation. Each year the race attracts thousands of runners, including top international talent. This year, more than 2,000 runners participated in the race.
Graduate student and cross-country All-American Timothy Callahan finished in eighth place with a time of 58:05. Sophomore Peter LeDuc finished in 13th place with a time of 1:01:03.
Other finishers were junior Stephen Slonosky (20th, 1:03:23), senior Malcolm Moncheur (21st, 1:03:40), junior Tom Arcuri (23rd, 1:04:15) and junior Dan McGraw (24th, 1:04:16).
From the women's squad, senior Cambria Ziemer also participated in the race and finished in a time of 1:23:20.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210