Mighty Oaks Runners Compete in the Mountain Goat Run
Six ESF runners place in the top 25
It may be the off-season but the Mighty Oaks men's cross-country runners showed they're still in peak form. Six team members participated May 3 in the 2015 Mountain Goat Run and all of them finished in the top 25.
Because of its hilly course and abrupt changes in elevation, the Mountain Goat race is considered one of the most difficult 10-mile road races in the nation. Each year the race attracts thousands of runners, including top international talent. This year, more than 2,000 runners participated in the race.
Graduate student and cross-country All-American Timothy Callahan finished in eighth place with a time of 58:05. Sophomore Peter LeDuc finished in 13th place with a time of 1:01:03.
Other finishers were junior Stephen Slonosky (20th, 1:03:23), senior Malcolm Moncheur (21st, 1:03:40), junior Tom Arcuri (23rd, 1:04:15) and junior Dan McGraw (24th, 1:04:16).
From the women's squad, senior Cambria Ziemer also participated in the race and finished in a time of 1:23:20.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210