Thursday, May 23, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Two seniors receive Chancellor's Awards
SYRACUSE - Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
As part of the award, Lynne Beaty of Geneseo and Kelly Klingler of Webster will receive framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Beaty is an environmental and forest biology major. She is the treasurer for ESF's Honor Society Alpha Xi Sigma and was named to the President's High Honor List for six semesters. She won a Cranberry Lake Biological Station Undergraduate Research Fellowship and was chosen to attend 2010 Marine Resources Population Dynamics Workshop. She serves as a teaching assistant for zoology, wildlife technique and comparative vertebrate anatomy classes.
Klingler is an environmental and forest biology major. She is part of the upper Division Honor's Program, completed a 10-week National Science Foundation internship in Costa Rica, is a member of Alpha Xi Sigma, received the 1951 Alumni Award and was a recipient of the New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA) scholarship.