SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Two seniors receive Chancellor's Awards
SYRACUSE - Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
As part of the award, Lynne Beaty of Geneseo and Kelly Klingler of Webster will receive framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Beaty is an environmental and forest biology major. She is the treasurer for ESF's Honor Society Alpha Xi Sigma and was named to the President's High Honor List for six semesters. She won a Cranberry Lake Biological Station Undergraduate Research Fellowship and was chosen to attend 2010 Marine Resources Population Dynamics Workshop. She serves as a teaching assistant for zoology, wildlife technique and comparative vertebrate anatomy classes.
Klingler is an environmental and forest biology major. She is part of the upper Division Honor's Program, completed a 10-week National Science Foundation internship in Costa Rica, is a member of Alpha Xi Sigma, received the 1951 Alumni Award and was a recipient of the New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA) scholarship.
- ESF Celebrates Darwin Day Feb. 17
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210