SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Two seniors receive Chancellor's Awards
SYRACUSE - Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
As part of the award, Lynne Beaty of Geneseo and Kelly Klingler of Webster will receive framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Beaty is an environmental and forest biology major. She is the treasurer for ESF's Honor Society Alpha Xi Sigma and was named to the President's High Honor List for six semesters. She won a Cranberry Lake Biological Station Undergraduate Research Fellowship and was chosen to attend 2010 Marine Resources Population Dynamics Workshop. She serves as a teaching assistant for zoology, wildlife technique and comparative vertebrate anatomy classes.
Klingler is an environmental and forest biology major. She is part of the upper Division Honor's Program, completed a 10-week National Science Foundation internship in Costa Rica, is a member of Alpha Xi Sigma, received the 1951 Alumni Award and was a recipient of the New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA) scholarship.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210