Saturday, May 25, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
ESF Honors Two Employees for Their Contributions
Cheryl Doble, Leah Flynn receive awards
SUNY-ESF honored a faculty member and a staff member April 6 for their contributions to the College and the broader community.
Associate Professor Cheryl Doble, who teaches in the Department of Landscape Architecture, received the ESF Public/Community Service Award. The award is given annually to an employee whose outreach activities to the public represent the College and its mission in a positive fashion and whose volunteer service to the community enhances life for others. Doble is director of the Center for Community Design Research, which helps communities learn how to plan and manage sustainable futures.
Leah A. Flynn, director of student activities, received the ESF Quality of Worklife Award, which is given annually to an employee whose positive attitude and positive approach to work provides an excellent example of service and improves the work environment for the campus community. Flynn welcomes new students to campus and helps create programs to ease the transition to college life.
The awards were presented by ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., during the College's annual Spring Reception, at which recent retirees are honored and long-term employees receive service awards.