ESF Honors Two Employees for Their Contributions
Cheryl Doble, Leah Flynn receive awards
SUNY-ESF honored a faculty member and a staff member April 6 for their contributions to the College and the broader community.
Associate Professor Cheryl Doble, who teaches in the Department of Landscape Architecture, received the ESF Public/Community Service Award. The award is given annually to an employee whose outreach activities to the public represent the College and its mission in a positive fashion and whose volunteer service to the community enhances life for others. Doble is director of the Center for Community Design Research, which helps communities learn how to plan and manage sustainable futures.
Leah A. Flynn, director of student activities, received the ESF Quality of Worklife Award, which is given annually to an employee whose positive attitude and positive approach to work provides an excellent example of service and improves the work environment for the campus community. Flynn welcomes new students to campus and helps create programs to ease the transition to college life.
The awards were presented by ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., during the College's annual Spring Reception, at which recent retirees are honored and long-term employees receive service awards.
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
- Forbes Ranks ESF Among Nation’s Top Colleges
- Annual Value of Trees? $500 Million Per Megacity, Study Says
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- Sierra Club Puts ESF among Nation’s Top ‘Cool Schools’
- NSF Grant Funds ESF Ecologist’s Gypsy Moth Research
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210