ESF Honors Two Employees for Their Contributions
Cheryl Doble, Leah Flynn receive awards
SUNY-ESF honored a faculty member and a staff member April 6 for their contributions to the College and the broader community.
Associate Professor Cheryl Doble, who teaches in the Department of Landscape Architecture, received the ESF Public/Community Service Award. The award is given annually to an employee whose outreach activities to the public represent the College and its mission in a positive fashion and whose volunteer service to the community enhances life for others. Doble is director of the Center for Community Design Research, which helps communities learn how to plan and manage sustainable futures.
Leah A. Flynn, director of student activities, received the ESF Quality of Worklife Award, which is given annually to an employee whose positive attitude and positive approach to work provides an excellent example of service and improves the work environment for the campus community. Flynn welcomes new students to campus and helps create programs to ease the transition to college life.
The awards were presented by ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., during the College's annual Spring Reception, at which recent retirees are honored and long-term employees receive service awards.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210