EPA Regional Administrator to Speak Oct. 6 at ESF
Public invited to hear Judith Enck present ‘Climate Change: A Call to Action’
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regional Administrator Judith Enck will deliver a short talk and presentation titled, "Climate Change: A Call to Action," at ESF Oct. 6. Enck's remarks will be followed by a discussion question-and-answer period.
The public is invited to attend the speech and discussion, which will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2015, in Event Space A and B in the Gateway Center, 1 Forestry Drive, on the ESF campus.
During her presentation, Enck will describe the scope of the problems presented by climate change, major steps the EPA is taking to fight climate change, and tips on how students and active community members can help. The event is free, and college and high school students and the general public are encouraged to attend.
In addition to the public presentation, Enck's visit to ESF will include a meeting with the Onondaga Lake Watershed Partnership and a meeting with a class of ESF environmental studies students. The regional administrator's visit is sponsored by the ESF Department of Environmental Studies and EST 426.
Enck was appointed EPA Region 2 administrator by President Barack Obama in 2009. Previously, she was deputy secretary for the environment in the New York State Governor's Office. As Regional Administrator, Enck administers federal programs governing air and water pollution; industrial discharges; toxic substances; pesticides; protection of streams, lakes and the ocean; solid and hazardous wastes; and the cleanup of chemical spills and abandoned hazardous waste sites.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210