EPA Regional Administrator to Speak Oct. 6 at ESF
Public invited to hear Judith Enck present ‘Climate Change: A Call to Action’
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regional Administrator Judith Enck will deliver a short talk and presentation titled, "Climate Change: A Call to Action," at ESF Oct. 6. Enck's remarks will be followed by a discussion question-and-answer period.
The public is invited to attend the speech and discussion, which will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2015, in Event Space A and B in the Gateway Center, 1 Forestry Drive, on the ESF campus.
During her presentation, Enck will describe the scope of the problems presented by climate change, major steps the EPA is taking to fight climate change, and tips on how students and active community members can help. The event is free, and college and high school students and the general public are encouraged to attend.
In addition to the public presentation, Enck's visit to ESF will include a meeting with the Onondaga Lake Watershed Partnership and a meeting with a class of ESF environmental studies students. The regional administrator's visit is sponsored by the ESF Department of Environmental Studies and EST 426.
Enck was appointed EPA Region 2 administrator by President Barack Obama in 2009. Previously, she was deputy secretary for the environment in the New York State Governor's Office. As Regional Administrator, Enck administers federal programs governing air and water pollution; industrial discharges; toxic substances; pesticides; protection of streams, lakes and the ocean; solid and hazardous wastes; and the cleanup of chemical spills and abandoned hazardous waste sites.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210