Friday, March 07, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Energy, Construction Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- Fungal Overlord Cultivates Gourmet Mushrooms
- 77 Employers Gather at ESF for Environmental Career Fair
- Labor Department Funds Aimed at Helping Job Seekers
- ESF Faculty to Be Featured In Symphoria Concert
ESF Begins Work on Residence Hall Project
Building will be a first for College
The deconstruction process begins this month at the Oakland Street site that will be the location of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) first student residence hall.
Construction of the building, which will provide housing for 454 undergraduate and graduate students, is part of an expansion that will provide significant new space for the 99-year-old college.
ESF will also begin construction soon on a $28.3 million building that will serve as a gateway to the campus. The building, which will occupy space that is now a parking lot, will include areas for offices, displays and events. It will include an innovative combined heat and power system that will produce more energy than it uses.
The final piece in the plan is an academic research building that is in the planning stages.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210