ESF Offers Advanced PV Installer Course
Classes set for June at Onondaga Community College
A two-day advanced photovoltaic installer course will be offered June 23 and 24 through the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
The course is part of ESF Outreach's Solar Power as Renewable Energy (SPARE) program. The instructor is Dr. Gay E. Canough, a NABCEP certified installer and owner/operator of ETM Solar Works. She is also treasurer of the New York Solar Energy Industries Association (NYSEIA).
The advanced course is geared toward PV installers and engineers who have experience with PV systems. It offers participants an overview of commercial PV systems in a two-day workshop. The course is recommended for those who have taken an introductory installer course or have previous installer experience.
The workshops will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Room 216 at the J. Stanley Coyne Building at Onondaga Community College. Participants are asked to arrive 30 minutes early the first day for registration.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210