ESF Offers Advanced PV Installer Course
Classes set for June at Onondaga Community College
A two-day advanced photovoltaic installer course will be offered June 23 and 24 through the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
The course is part of ESF Outreach's Solar Power as Renewable Energy (SPARE) program. The instructor is Dr. Gay E. Canough, a NABCEP certified installer and owner/operator of ETM Solar Works. She is also treasurer of the New York Solar Energy Industries Association (NYSEIA).
The advanced course is geared toward PV installers and engineers who have experience with PV systems. It offers participants an overview of commercial PV systems in a two-day workshop. The course is recommended for those who have taken an introductory installer course or have previous installer experience.
The workshops will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Room 216 at the J. Stanley Coyne Building at Onondaga Community College. Participants are asked to arrive 30 minutes early the first day for registration.
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
- Forbes Ranks ESF Among Nation’s Top Colleges
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210