ESF Graduate Student Receives Fulbright Award
Dengue fever to be focus of study
SYRACUSE - Anna Stewart of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has been awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Program scholarship to Ecuador.
Stewart will study various factors influencing the transmission of Dengue fever in Ecuador. Stewart is a graduate student at ESF where she is pursuing a Ph.D. in ecology.
She received a National Science Foundation GK-12 teaching fellowship in 2007 to support local high school science education. She received the 2009 American Institute of Biological Sciences Emerging Public Policy Leadership Award. At ESF, she served as vice president of the Graduate Student Association and on numerous advisory and planning councils throughout her graduate career.
Stewart is one of more than 1,500 U.S. citizens who will travel abroad for the 2010-2011 academic year through the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, according to the United States Department of State and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. The primary source of funding for the Fulbright Program is an annual appropriation made by the U.S. Congress to the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Participating governments and host institutions, corporations and foundations in foreign countries and in the United States also provide direct and indirect support. Recipients of Fulbright grants are selected on the basis of academic or professional achievement, as well as demonstrated leadership potential in their fields. The Program operates in over 155 countries worldwide.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210