Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Dedication to green building technologies honored
Ian Shapiro was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2016 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse in April.
The award is presented to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
"This is a way to honor an individual who inspires us to do more and do better," said Dr. Ed Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center for Excellence.
Shapiro founded Taitem Engineering in 1989. "The company has the best acronym," said Bogucz, "Technology As If The Earth Mattered." The company name is a play on the book that served as inspiration to Shapiro, "Small is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered" by E.F. Schumacher.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210