Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Dedication to green building technologies honored
Ian Shapiro was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2016 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse in April.
The award is presented to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
"This is a way to honor an individual who inspires us to do more and do better," said Dr. Ed Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center for Excellence.
Shapiro founded Taitem Engineering in 1989. "The company has the best acronym," said Bogucz, "Technology As If The Earth Mattered." The company name is a play on the book that served as inspiration to Shapiro, "Small is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered" by E.F. Schumacher.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath — Here’s the Global Scope
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210