Friday, October 31, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- New Frog Species Identified along East Coast
- Giant Tortoises Gain a Foothold on a Galapagos Island
- Women's Team Earns #2 Seed for USCAA Soccer National Championship
- ESF Honored for Commitment to Blood Drives
- Bioenergy Day Highlights Benefits of Heating with Wood
Women’s Soccer Team Loses Rochester in OT
Mighty Oaks defeated after nine extra minutes
The Mighty Oaks women lost a close one to the University of Rochester junior varsity team in Rochester Saturday. The teams were evenly matched through regulation time, forcing the game into overtime, where ESF suffered defeat.
Rochester scored first with a header goal in the 40th minute of the first half. The Mighty Oaks responded late in the second half, evening the score with a goal scored by freshman Ana Flores. The score remained in a tie through the rest of the second half, forcing the game into overtime. Rochester won it with a goal in the ninth minute, sending the Mighty Oaks home with a 2-1 loss. Mighty Oaks Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi, a freshman, registered 11 saves in the game.
The Mighty Oaks women will compete against Elmira College at 3 p.m. Oct. 9 at Elmira.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210