Women’s Soccer Team Loses Rochester in OT
Mighty Oaks defeated after nine extra minutes
The Mighty Oaks women lost a close one to the University of Rochester junior varsity team in Rochester Saturday. The teams were evenly matched through regulation time, forcing the game into overtime, where ESF suffered defeat.
Rochester scored first with a header goal in the 40th minute of the first half. The Mighty Oaks responded late in the second half, evening the score with a goal scored by freshman Ana Flores. The score remained in a tie through the rest of the second half, forcing the game into overtime. Rochester won it with a goal in the ninth minute, sending the Mighty Oaks home with a 2-1 loss. Mighty Oaks Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi, a freshman, registered 11 saves in the game.
The Mighty Oaks women will compete against Elmira College at 3 p.m. Oct. 9 at Elmira.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210