Women’s Soccer Team Loses Rochester in OT
Mighty Oaks defeated after nine extra minutes
The Mighty Oaks women lost a close one to the University of Rochester junior varsity team in Rochester Saturday. The teams were evenly matched through regulation time, forcing the game into overtime, where ESF suffered defeat.
Rochester scored first with a header goal in the 40th minute of the first half. The Mighty Oaks responded late in the second half, evening the score with a goal scored by freshman Ana Flores. The score remained in a tie through the rest of the second half, forcing the game into overtime. Rochester won it with a goal in the ninth minute, sending the Mighty Oaks home with a 2-1 loss. Mighty Oaks Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi, a freshman, registered 11 saves in the game.
The Mighty Oaks women will compete against Elmira College at 3 p.m. Oct. 9 at Elmira.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210