Women’s Soccer Team Loses Rochester in OT
Mighty Oaks defeated after nine extra minutes
The Mighty Oaks women lost a close one to the University of Rochester junior varsity team in Rochester Saturday. The teams were evenly matched through regulation time, forcing the game into overtime, where ESF suffered defeat.
Rochester scored first with a header goal in the 40th minute of the first half. The Mighty Oaks responded late in the second half, evening the score with a goal scored by freshman Ana Flores. The score remained in a tie through the rest of the second half, forcing the game into overtime. Rochester won it with a goal in the ninth minute, sending the Mighty Oaks home with a 2-1 loss. Mighty Oaks Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi, a freshman, registered 11 saves in the game.
The Mighty Oaks women will compete against Elmira College at 3 p.m. Oct. 9 at Elmira.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210