Saturday, February 28, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- SUNY Chancellor Visits ESF for ‘Speak Out’ with Students
- Leopold to Present on Onondaga Lake Restoration
- Career Fair Links Students, Prospective Employers
- Campus Presidents Ask State Legislature to Invest in SUNY
- ESF Senior Honored at National STEM Conference
ESF Names New Director of Forest Properties
Robert S. Davis
SYRACUSE - Robert S. Davis of Owasco has been appointed director of forest properties at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Davis holds an associate of applied science in forest technology from ESF's Ranger School in Wanakena, a bachelor's degree in forest resource management from ESF and a master of science in silviculture from ESF. He is a Society of American Foresters certified forester.
He is the owner of Sustainable Forestry Advisors, LLC in Skaneateles. He served as senior forester with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. He currently serves as treasurer of the New York Society of American Foresters and area chair of New York Tree Farm, Inc. ,and is a member of the finance committee of ESF's Ranger School Alumni Association.
Davis will begin his new position March 5.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210