ESF Names New Director of Forest Properties
Robert S. Davis
SYRACUSE - Robert S. Davis of Owasco has been appointed director of forest properties at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Davis holds an associate of applied science in forest technology from ESF's Ranger School in Wanakena, a bachelor's degree in forest resource management from ESF and a master of science in silviculture from ESF. He is a Society of American Foresters certified forester.
He is the owner of Sustainable Forestry Advisors, LLC in Skaneateles. He served as senior forester with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. He currently serves as treasurer of the New York Society of American Foresters and area chair of New York Tree Farm, Inc. ,and is a member of the finance committee of ESF's Ranger School Alumni Association.
Davis will begin his new position March 5.
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210