ESF Names New Director of Forest Properties
Robert S. Davis
SYRACUSE - Robert S. Davis of Owasco has been appointed director of forest properties at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Davis holds an associate of applied science in forest technology from ESF's Ranger School in Wanakena, a bachelor's degree in forest resource management from ESF and a master of science in silviculture from ESF. He is a Society of American Foresters certified forester.
He is the owner of Sustainable Forestry Advisors, LLC in Skaneateles. He served as senior forester with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. He currently serves as treasurer of the New York Society of American Foresters and area chair of New York Tree Farm, Inc. ,and is a member of the finance committee of ESF's Ranger School Alumni Association.
Davis will begin his new position March 5.
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
- USA President Focuses on Building Relationships
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210