Thursday, May 23, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
ESF Names New Director of Forest Properties
Robert S. Davis
SYRACUSE - Robert S. Davis of Owasco has been appointed director of forest properties at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Davis holds an associate of applied science in forest technology from ESF's Ranger School in Wanakena, a bachelor's degree in forest resource management from ESF and a master of science in silviculture from ESF. He is a Society of American Foresters certified forester.
He is the owner of Sustainable Forestry Advisors, LLC in Skaneateles. He served as senior forester with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. He currently serves as treasurer of the New York Society of American Foresters and area chair of New York Tree Farm, Inc. ,and is a member of the finance committee of ESF's Ranger School Alumni Association.
Davis will begin his new position March 5.