ESF Names New Director of Forest Properties
Robert S. Davis
SYRACUSE - Robert S. Davis of Owasco has been appointed director of forest properties at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Davis holds an associate of applied science in forest technology from ESF's Ranger School in Wanakena, a bachelor's degree in forest resource management from ESF and a master of science in silviculture from ESF. He is a Society of American Foresters certified forester.
He is the owner of Sustainable Forestry Advisors, LLC in Skaneateles. He served as senior forester with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. He currently serves as treasurer of the New York Society of American Foresters and area chair of New York Tree Farm, Inc. ,and is a member of the finance committee of ESF's Ranger School Alumni Association.
Davis will begin his new position March 5.
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210