AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
College listed as top performer among doctoral granting institutions
ESF has been lauded by the leading organization promoting sustainability innovations in higher education.
The college was recognized for its achievements in sustainability in the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) 2016 Sustainable Campus Index (SCI) of Top Performers.
The SCI recognizes top-performing colleges and universities in 17 distinct aspects of sustainability, as measured by the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS).
ESF ranks among the top six colleges and universities nationally in research, receiving a perfect score of 100 in the category, which evaluated research and scholarship, support for research and open access to research. The only other institution in New York state to achieve that score is Columbia University.
ESF was rated eighth nationally among top performing doctoral/research institutions, which include colleges, universities and institutes that award at least 20 research doctoral degrees annually, including doctoral degrees that qualify recipients for entry into professional practice. ESF earned a score of 73 in that category and is the only New York state university on the list.
STARS is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance. It was developed by AASHE with broad participation from the higher education community. STARS participants submit data to earn a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum rating.
Earlier this year, ESF received a STARS Gold ranking, the second-highest distinction available, from AASHE in recognition of its sustainability efforts.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210