AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
College listed as top performer among doctoral granting institutions
ESF has been lauded by the leading organization promoting sustainability innovations in higher education.
The college was recognized for its achievements in sustainability in the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) 2016 Sustainable Campus Index (SCI) of Top Performers.
The SCI recognizes top-performing colleges and universities in 17 distinct aspects of sustainability, as measured by the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS).
ESF ranks among the top six colleges and universities nationally in research, receiving a perfect score of 100 in the category, which evaluated research and scholarship, support for research and open access to research. The only other institution in New York state to achieve that score is Columbia University.
ESF was rated eighth nationally among top performing doctoral/research institutions, which include colleges, universities and institutes that award at least 20 research doctoral degrees annually, including doctoral degrees that qualify recipients for entry into professional practice. ESF earned a score of 73 in that category and is the only New York state university on the list.
STARS is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance. It was developed by AASHE with broad participation from the higher education community. STARS participants submit data to earn a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum rating.
Earlier this year, ESF received a STARS Gold ranking, the second-highest distinction available, from AASHE in recognition of its sustainability efforts.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210