ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
Full Circle Feed honored with People & Planet Award
A dog treat company founded by ESF alumnus Michael Amadori won Green America's People & Planet Award.
Full Circle Feed, which produces environmentally sustainable dog treats, was recognized for its dedication to a green economy - a bottom line that includes protecting workers, communities and the environment. The honor includes $5,000 in prize money.
According to Amadori M.S. '12, the company's mission is to make the world a better place for pets, plants and people. The dog treats are made with vegetables, meats, fruits and breads from restaurant buffets that were prepared but not served.
"Full Circle Feed will use the funds to set up a more environmentally friendly production process and drying method," said Amadori. "In particular, instead of electricity or natural gas we plan to use waste heat or biogas generated from anaerobic digestion to bake our dog biscuits. This will greatly reduce our ecological footprint and give us the most sustainable dog treats on the market."
Recent ESF News
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Studentís ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210