Woodsmen Men's Squad Finishes First at Cobleskill
Women's A team places second
The ESF Woodsmen's team braved frigid conditions to compete at SUNY Cobleskill March 11. The men's A team, consisting of Ethan Hall, Adam Wilckens, Tim Pietrzykowski, Tim Czapla, Colin Cusick and Zach Davis, landed in first place overall. The team placed at the top of the division in sawing events, log roll, pulp toss and chopping events.
The men's B team placed sixth in the competition.
The women's A team garnered a second place overall finish. Team members included Michelle Vasiloff, Eliza Phillips, Hannah Quigley, Kara Kryszczuk, Juliana Ofalt and Liesl Barkman. The A team performed well in the log roll, underhand chop and vertical chop.
The competition at Cobleskill also featured Paul Smith's College, SUNY Morrisville, Alfred State, University of Vermont and University of Connecticut.
Both the men's and women's teams will be back in competition at Alfred State April 1.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210