Gordinier Leads ESF at the Roc City Classic
The junior sprinter finished first in the 100 meter dash
The Mighty Oaks track team traveled to Nazareth College in Rochester, New York, to compete in the annual Roc City Classic. The competition featured 29 colleges from Division I, II and III.
Junior sprinter Shannon Gordinier smoked the competition in the women's 100-meter dash, finishing in first place with a sizzling time of 12.33 out of 60 sprinters. Gordinier's time was a new course record. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop finished in an impressive 16th place (2:24) out of 69 runners in the women's 800-meter run. Lathrop also finished in 27th place (5:09) out of 65 runners in the women's 1,500-meter run.
In the men's races, junior Nick Giordano finished in 40th place out of 69 runners in the competitive men's 400-meter dash. Sophomore Ethan Appelgren finished in 13th place in the day's longest event, the 10,000-meter run, with a time of 37:27.
The Mighty Oaks track team will compete next at the USCAA Championships hosted by SUNY Delhi Apr. 29.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210