Gordinier Leads ESF at the Roc City Classic
The junior sprinter finished first in the 100 meter dash
The Mighty Oaks track team traveled to Nazareth College in Rochester, New York, to compete in the annual Roc City Classic. The competition featured 29 colleges from Division I, II and III.
Junior sprinter Shannon Gordinier smoked the competition in the women's 100-meter dash, finishing in first place with a sizzling time of 12.33 out of 60 sprinters. Gordinier's time was a new course record. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop finished in an impressive 16th place (2:24) out of 69 runners in the women's 800-meter run. Lathrop also finished in 27th place (5:09) out of 65 runners in the women's 1,500-meter run.
In the men's races, junior Nick Giordano finished in 40th place out of 69 runners in the competitive men's 400-meter dash. Sophomore Ethan Appelgren finished in 13th place in the day's longest event, the 10,000-meter run, with a time of 37:27.
The Mighty Oaks track team will compete next at the USCAA Championships hosted by SUNY Delhi Apr. 29.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210