Gordinier Leads ESF at the Roc City Classic
The junior sprinter finished first in the 100 meter dash
The Mighty Oaks track team traveled to Nazareth College in Rochester, New York, to compete in the annual Roc City Classic. The competition featured 29 colleges from Division I, II and III.
Junior sprinter Shannon Gordinier smoked the competition in the women's 100-meter dash, finishing in first place with a sizzling time of 12.33 out of 60 sprinters. Gordinier's time was a new course record. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop finished in an impressive 16th place (2:24) out of 69 runners in the women's 800-meter run. Lathrop also finished in 27th place (5:09) out of 65 runners in the women's 1,500-meter run.
In the men's races, junior Nick Giordano finished in 40th place out of 69 runners in the competitive men's 400-meter dash. Sophomore Ethan Appelgren finished in 13th place in the day's longest event, the 10,000-meter run, with a time of 37:27.
The Mighty Oaks track team will compete next at the USCAA Championships hosted by SUNY Delhi Apr. 29.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210