Gordinier Leads ESF at the Roc City Classic
The junior sprinter finished first in the 100 meter dash
The Mighty Oaks track team traveled to Nazareth College in Rochester, New York, to compete in the annual Roc City Classic. The competition featured 29 colleges from Division I, II and III.
Junior sprinter Shannon Gordinier smoked the competition in the women's 100-meter dash, finishing in first place with a sizzling time of 12.33 out of 60 sprinters. Gordinier's time was a new course record. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop finished in an impressive 16th place (2:24) out of 69 runners in the women's 800-meter run. Lathrop also finished in 27th place (5:09) out of 65 runners in the women's 1,500-meter run.
In the men's races, junior Nick Giordano finished in 40th place out of 69 runners in the competitive men's 400-meter dash. Sophomore Ethan Appelgren finished in 13th place in the day's longest event, the 10,000-meter run, with a time of 37:27.
The Mighty Oaks track team will compete next at the USCAA Championships hosted by SUNY Delhi Apr. 29.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210