Mighty Oaks Track Teams Finish Season at USCAA Invitational
Junior Shannon Gordinier continues dominance in 100-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams participated in the USCAA Invitational at SUNY Delhi April 29. The women's team finished fourth out of 10 schools while the men's team placed ninth out of 10 schools.
Junior sprinter Shannon Gordinier won the 100-meter dash with a time of 12.58. Gordinier has dominated this event at each of ESF's competitions this season with three first-place finishes. Gordinier also racked up a second-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.91.
Sophomore Marissa Lathrop also scored for the Mighty Oaks, placing third in the 400-meter dash (1:03) and fourth in the 800-meter run (2:30). The time the 400-meter dash was a new personal record (PR) for Lathrop. Sophomore Erin Cuddihy also set a new PR in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 5:24, placing sixth out of 12 runners.
For the men, the 4x800-meter rely team, consisting of freshmen Sam Schneider, Devin Murphy and Andrew Noble and sophomore Sean Satchwell ,placed first with a time of 9:11. Sophomore Ethan Appelgren set a new PR in the 10,000-meter run with a time of 36:46 and had a third-place finish. Murphy also picked up top-10 finishes in the 800-meter run (ninth - 2:12) and 1,500-meter run (seventh - 4:30).
Both teams finished another successful season with several top individual finishes and personal records.
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210