ESF Green Building Conference
The U.S. Green Building Council and SUNY-ESF hosted the 6th Annual Green Building Conference and the
(Syracuse, N.Y.) - The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) partners with the U.S. Green Building Council Upstate New York Chapter to host the 6th Annual Green Building Conference held Thursday, March 27, and Friday, March 28, 2008, at the Oncenter Complex.
The keynote speaker was Jeremy Harris, former mayor of Honolulu, Hawaii, which is designated as one of the world's most livable cities. Harris' address was titled "A Planet in Peril - The Role of Design in Building Sustainable Cities."
The luncheon speaker was S. Richard Fedrizzi, president, CEO and Founding Chairman of the U.S. Green Building Council. During the luncheon, the Green Building Advocate of the Year award was presented to Kevin Stack who owns Northeast Green Building Consulting and builds LEED certified homes. He also teaches "Innovations in Sustainablle Building" at ESF and OCC. Last year's honoree, Chief Oren Lyons of the Onondaga Nation, made the presentation.
Conference discussions included green strategies that cost less; keys to good school day lighting; how architects can stop global warming; the near West Side Initiative; landscaping for reduced maintenance; and an educational series for homeowners.
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210