ESF Green Building Conference
The U.S. Green Building Council and SUNY-ESF hosted the 6th Annual Green Building Conference and the
(Syracuse, N.Y.) - The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) partners with the U.S. Green Building Council Upstate New York Chapter to host the 6th Annual Green Building Conference held Thursday, March 27, and Friday, March 28, 2008, at the Oncenter Complex.
The keynote speaker was Jeremy Harris, former mayor of Honolulu, Hawaii, which is designated as one of the world's most livable cities. Harris' address was titled "A Planet in Peril - The Role of Design in Building Sustainable Cities."
The luncheon speaker was S. Richard Fedrizzi, president, CEO and Founding Chairman of the U.S. Green Building Council. During the luncheon, the Green Building Advocate of the Year award was presented to Kevin Stack who owns Northeast Green Building Consulting and builds LEED certified homes. He also teaches "Innovations in Sustainablle Building" at ESF and OCC. Last year's honoree, Chief Oren Lyons of the Onondaga Nation, made the presentation.
Conference discussions included green strategies that cost less; keys to good school day lighting; how architects can stop global warming; the near West Side Initiative; landscaping for reduced maintenance; and an educational series for homeowners.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210