Sunday, November 29, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Professor Joins Expedition to Galapagos Home of Rare Tortoises
- ESF Honors Location on Haudenosaunee Territory
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn All-American Honors
- Women's Soccer Team Falls in Semifinals
- ESF Men 2nd, Women 3rd at XC Championships
ESF Helps City's Biz-Launching Profile
Syracuse among magazine's "top 100 places to live and launch"
Fortune Small Business magazine ranks the city of Syracuse No. 59 among the "100 best places to live and launch" a business, giving SUNY-ESF credit for some of the city's appeal.
ESF shares the praise with its sister institution, SUNY Upstate Medical University.
"Syracuse's strongest industries include pharmaceuticals and renewable energy, thanks in part to the State University of New York's Upstate Medical University and College for Environmental Science and Forestry," the web site states.
The write-up highlights the fact that the city's two SUNY institutions provide a pool of young talent for entrepreneurs to draw from when launching a business. Syracuse was the highest rated city in New York selected for this year's list.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210