Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Gateway Center among Top 10 for Sustainable Architecture
- Students Hone Skills in Public Speaking Lab
- Survey: Financial Concerns, Old Habits Hinder Green Building
- Students Honored for ‘Spotlight’ Presentations
- College Earns Spot in Guide to Green Colleges from Princeton Review
ESF Helps City's Biz-Launching Profile
Syracuse among magazine's "top 100 places to live and launch"
Fortune Small Business magazine ranks the city of Syracuse No. 59 among the "100 best places to live and launch" a business, giving SUNY-ESF credit for some of the city's appeal.
ESF shares the praise with its sister institution, SUNY Upstate Medical University.
"Syracuse's strongest industries include pharmaceuticals and renewable energy, thanks in part to the State University of New York's Upstate Medical University and College for Environmental Science and Forestry," the web site states.
The write-up highlights the fact that the city's two SUNY institutions provide a pool of young talent for entrepreneurs to draw from when launching a business. Syracuse was the highest rated city in New York selected for this year's list.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210