ESF Helps City's Biz-Launching Profile
Syracuse among magazine's "top 100 places to live and launch"
Fortune Small Business magazine ranks the city of Syracuse No. 59 among the "100 best places to live and launch" a business, giving SUNY-ESF credit for some of the city's appeal.
ESF shares the praise with its sister institution, SUNY Upstate Medical University.
"Syracuse's strongest industries include pharmaceuticals and renewable energy, thanks in part to the State University of New York's Upstate Medical University and College for Environmental Science and Forestry," the web site states.
The write-up highlights the fact that the city's two SUNY institutions provide a pool of young talent for entrepreneurs to draw from when launching a business. Syracuse was the highest rated city in New York selected for this year's list.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210