ESF Helps City's Biz-Launching Profile
Syracuse among magazine's "top 100 places to live and launch"
Fortune Small Business magazine ranks the city of Syracuse No. 59 among the "100 best places to live and launch" a business, giving SUNY-ESF credit for some of the city's appeal.
ESF shares the praise with its sister institution, SUNY Upstate Medical University.
"Syracuse's strongest industries include pharmaceuticals and renewable energy, thanks in part to the State University of New York's Upstate Medical University and College for Environmental Science and Forestry," the web site states.
The write-up highlights the fact that the city's two SUNY institutions provide a pool of young talent for entrepreneurs to draw from when launching a business. Syracuse was the highest rated city in New York selected for this year's list.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210