Monday, May 20, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
- ESF Professor Earns Highest Faculty Honor
Next Job: Raise $10,000
ESF Engineers Without Borders complete survey work in Honduras
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
Five members of ESF-EWB visited Buena Vista, Honduras over spring break to finalize plans to provide potable water for the 300 village residents.
Chellie Norris, Katy Johnson, Mark Fabian, Mitchell Robinson and Gwen Macdonald surveyed the planned route for the piping system to carry water to the village and met with residents to organize how the construction work will be carried out.
The cost of construction materials is estimated at $10,000. Donations are being handled through the ESF College Foundation. Depending on the fundraising, construction work is slated to begin in August.