ESF and the World
International students always a part of ESF
ESF has drawn students from around the world since its earliest days.
In September 1919, the College's international students were F. B. Mann of Lindsay, Ontario; A.E.F. Schard of Stockholm, Sweden; J.F. Mac Aloney of Halifax, Nova Scotia; Chia Choung Ton of Tien Tien, China; Luis J. Reyes of Manila, Philippines; and Mark Y.C. Hwang of Kiukiang, China.
Today the College enrolls more than 150 international students representing approximately 35 countries. The community of international students at the College is so rich that the ESF Language Bank, administered by the Office of Multicultural Affairs, has more than 80 participants who speak more than 40 languages from around the globe.
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210